Saturday, June 27, 2009

Resurrection of a Blog

Not long ago, I obsessed over blogging, yet for the last several months, especially after the presidential election, I've felt little desire for publishing my thoughts to the world. But recently, after experiencing some life altering negative consequences, God found me broken, exactly as He desired, and utilized my position to minister to me in a way that I've never experienced.

According to James 1:2-4, Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Although no theologian, I assume that once "mature and complete, not lacking anything" that one becomes whole or in other words, holy! In my broken condition, I feel God reaching out to me, desirous to see me whole, or more like Him.

James 1:27 claims, Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I spent today ministering to an orphan and in an attempt to keep myself from being polluted by the world and to eradicate sin in my life, I feel called to temporarily exit the corporate "rat race" and embark on a spiritual journey of undetermined length.

Therefore, I feel a need to resurrect the blog and chronicle this experience. God Bless!

No comments: