Thursday, October 2, 2008

Brownfield Advisory Board

Fort Myers city councilman Tom Leonardo recently nominated and the remainder of the council and mayor subsequently appointed me to serve a three year term on the Brownfields Advisory Board. The purpose of the Board is to promote and receive public comment on the identification, rehabilitation and redevelopment of Brownfield sites. The Board provides guidance in areas such as future land use, local employment opportunities, development proposals, community safety, and environmental justice as they relate to Brownfields. The Board reviews and recommends ways to encourage public interest and participation in the Brownfields initiative. The Board also assists in guiding and setting policy for the City's Brownfield Redevelopment Program.

I feel honored to serve in this position which allows me to utilize my credentials as a LEED Accredited Professional. Additionally, as a member of the United States Green Buiding Council (USGBC), I have a passion for the redevelopment of Brownfield sites and the good stewardship of our natural resources. I look forward to my first board meeting later this month.

No comments: