Friday, November 11, 2011

Eddie Money Plays Ballyorney Irish Pub



I'm currently attending Ballyorney's Fall Bash concert featuring Eddie Money with warm up acts Seven Nations and Push.

Management offered me VIP passes and I must admit that those who paid for this privilege must have certainly been disappointed. The VIP pass included dinner, reserved seating and an open bar from 6:30 until 10:00. But the reality of the situation included a fish and chicken buffet that ran out of food at 6:45, one port-a-pottie for 350 people, seats that were full before the warm up band started, and a bar with a line way too long for anyone to obtain a buzz. If the owners desire to continue in this special event vein, they will need to learn how to improve the amenities.

Seven Nations offers up a fiddle and bagpipe laden alternative Irish folk pop style that really invites you to stand up and jig. My broken ribs and clavicle prevented me from doing so.





The 2nd act, cover band PUSH, belts out a steady stream of 1980's heavy pop from the likes of INXS, Billy Squirer, and Guns n Roses from a lead singer who greatly resembles Axl. They managed to horribly butcher a really great song, Rob Zombies "Dracula". Then during an event that the promoters are advertising as a Veterans Day celebration, the imbecilic Axl look-a-like admitted that he didn't realize that it was Veteran's Day. I expected to see a group of ex-Marines pound him to a pulp and toss him into the dumpster.





Eddie started his set around 10:00 with a foot stomping harmonica based melody that I didn't recognize then lit into "Baby Hold Onto Me". Never a real fan from the 70's, I must admit that Eddie exudes a genuine rock n roll energy and displays true showmanship. Besides having the lungs to belt real rock n roll, Eddie shows real proficiency with guitar, harmonica, and saxophone. I must admit that despite the poor planning and lack of knowledge regarding special events displayed from the Ballyorney staff, Eddie Money showed every indication that he's a true professional.

I felt especially touched as a tear fell from my eye as the band performed their new single "One More Soldier Coming Home".

All in all , a great night was had by all! I would say hats off to Eddie Money and Seven Nations and would have to ask Ballyorney management and the band PUSH to rethink their positions as Americans.

PUSH I feel you're doomed for failure but Ballyorney please reevaluate and seek ways to exceed at customer accommodation.

No comments: