Thursday, November 10, 2011

Eddie Money

In the late 1960's, Eddie Money (born Edward Joseph Mahoney) resigned from the family business as a NYPD police officer and headed to San Francisco, the land of flower children and hippies to pursue the life of a singer, songwriter, and rock 'n roll star.

Eddie enjoyed more than a modicum of both commercial and critical success throughout the 1970's and into the 80's peforming and recording his high energy brand of pop-rock. He charted with such hits as "Two Tickets to Paradise", "Shakin", and "Think I'm in Love" before fading a bit then making a 1986 comeback with "Take Me Home Tonight", the top 10 duet feauturing Ronnie Spector.

I cannot even speculate as to where Eddie has been for the last 20 years or more but I would assume that he's been relegated to the county fair circuit where we are sure to find a wide array of 1970's stadium rockers.

Tomorrow night I have tickets to see Eddie Money at Ballyorney's, a small quaint Irish Pub in Fort Myers. I will critique the show in an upcoming blog and utilizing my press credentials hopefully be able to provide a brief interview as well.

No comments: