Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fine Dine 4 Hunger

Realizing the motive as noble, I still can't help but chuckle at the irony encapsulated by this fundraiser. Southwest Florida's most exclusive and expensive restaurants are holding a fund raiser for the soup kitchen. These establishments probably dispose of more uneaten food in a day than the soup kitchen serves! Donating 50% of the proceeds appears admirable but I'm fairly certain that by serving $40 steaks and $80 bottles of wine, they will still show profit after donation.

I know from experience that two people cannot walk out of one of these fine restaurants without dropping at least $150. I can only imagine how far that grocery money would go in the hands of a single mom too proud to go to the soup kitchen.

Yes, I'm a terrible cynic and these thoughts are entirely my own so please don't bash me. Just pause and think a bit.............

Thank You and God Bless

No comments: