Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fort Myers Bike Night


The city of Fort Myers kicked off 2009 early with the first of four downtown bike nights. The logic escapes me as to why the first bike night of 2009 was held on November 8, 2007 but that wasn't going to stop me from having a little fun. So early in the evening, I threw the wife on the back of the 2003 Heritage Softail and cruised down Palm Beach Boulevard to downtown Fort Myers.


We people watched while enjoying a fantastic gourmet meal from a sidewalk table at Delicious Things, a First Street restaurant which truly earns it's name. After dinner, we meandered toward Starbuck's for a nice cup of joe. Vendors lined both sides of the street and Renee couldn't help but to transfer some of our cash to them, although she did wind up with a nice belt and some flashy bling.

Coffee in hand, we headed to The Cigar Bar for a stogie and a single malt scotch then out to the street to rock to the old school metal sounds of Myth. After a set of head banging, we hopped back on the bike and enjoyed a brisk ride home.

Sorry for the poor quality photos. I inadvertently left my camera bag at home and had to use my cellular phone.

No comments: