Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving



In light of the dire economic and political times, one may ask, what do I have to be thankful for? I pondered that question myself and determined:

I'm thankful for the health of my spouse, my parents, my children, my grandchildren, myself and all of my extended family.

I'm thankful to own and work in an enterprise that maintains in spite of a downward spiraling economy.

I'm thankful for a life that's been thrown a lot of curve balls, but every now and then manages to hit a home run.

I'm thankful for the people in my life that God's given me to love and thankful that they love me back despite my cantankerous disposition.

But most of all, I'm thankful for a Saviour who gave up His kingdom to clothe Himself in flesh and blood and sacrifice Himself for my sin affording me eternal life.

Or as we're instructed in 1 Thessalonians Chapter 5:
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments: