Monday, September 8, 2008

Palin's Popularity Propels McCain Past Obama


Admittedly, when I first heard of John McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate, the words "McCain's a moron!" foolishly blurted out of my mouth. Why choose a relatively unknown governor from a remote state when there were so many better choices? Now I must face the facts and realize that I'm the moron!

I now believe that McCain's selection will possibly prove to be one of the best strategically calculated moves in political history. This morning's recently released Gallup poll shows McCain with a 48% - 45% lead over Barack Obama and the first lead since the campaign began. And now that I've eaten crow, who better than Sarah Palin could serve as John McCain's running mate. It certainly doesn't take long to realize that in spite of her short career, Sarah Palin stands as a woman and politician of action. A newcomer who fights corruption in her own party sports larger kahunas than most men in office. With her selection, McCain aligns with Christian fundamentalists that could not have supported a Mormon in Mitt Romney on the ticket or a supporter of gay rights and abortion like Rudy Giuliani, yet still maintains ties with moderates and suburban women in a way that Mike Huckabee could not have accomplished. Regardless of the outcome of Presidential Election 2008, Sarah Palin, at only 44 years of age, faces a possible political career spanning another 30 years or more. Beware liberals - the Barracuda's been unleashed! God bless you Sarah Palin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree wholeheartedly with the Palin pick for VP by McCain. She is definitely a force for the Republicans. I also believe she may be a woman after my own heart. I like her style.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm a moron too - it must run in the family! I made some of the same comments when I heard of McCain's selection. Now after listening and learning a little about Palin, I think that just maybe our country will have some leadership based less on self interest and more on what's best for the country.
MB