Friday, September 5, 2008

Why is America Infatuated with Barack Obama?


I find myself completely astonished at the way Obama has enamored himself to a large part of the American public. Can they not see through the thin superficial veneer? I reached the height of my disgust/amazement with this phenomenon as I viewed on television the preparation for his acceptance speech during the Democratic National Convention. Dumbfounded I watched as workers assembled what appeared to me to be an ancient Greek Temple. Evidently he was preparing to stand within this "temple" and address the American public. How could one not think of a passage in 2nd Thessalonians Chapter 2, "He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshipped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God." I realize to some that this may seem ludicrous but the thought actually occurred to me, "Is this guy the Antichrist?" Not instantly realizing that this thought may be somewhat common I searched the internet to see opinions I may find from others. I found this website http://www.barackobamaantichrist.blogspot.com/ and remained in shock as I perused it. While Obama may or not be the antichrist, his actions and attention received from them do seem to indicate that the world has prepared itself for the "abomination that causes desolation".

I further researched Obama's life and discovered that although he was born in Hawaii, he spent the better part of his formative years raised in a Muslim household living in Indonesia with his mother and stepfather. While this would not necessarily legally disqualify one from becoming president of the United States, it does indeed raise doubts as to where that person's particular loyalties may lie. His past also seems to indicate why although Obama is supported by blacks in general, he seems to be somewhat out of touch with black culture in America. Granted, I realize that it is sometimes difficult filtering fact from fiction while searching the internet but with some discernment it seems that Barack Obama may have some close ties to the Muslim extremist movement both in the U.S as well as Kenya and certainly has ties to the 60's domestic terrorist Bill Ayers. Obama also appears to be suffering from a messianic complex and appears to have a very lackadaisical approach to American patriotism.

Although I realize that there is no perfect political ticket, to me Obama represents a very real threat to national security and I feel that I need to support the McCain/Palin campaign.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patriotism seems more like idol worship than anything else. America is a good country, but doesn't deserve all the hoopla and recognition that it gets. A hand over the heart during some patriotic song means nothing, absolutely nothing.
The Obama campaign is ridiculus, but McCain is going to be just another 4 years of President Bush...a lot of prosperity we will get from that!
There hasn't been a single good candidate this election; Clinton was a joke, Huckabee was suspicious and Ron Paul was plain dumb.