Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Where is Joe Biden?


I'm somewhat concerned that the malfunction reported last week at CERN's Large Hadron Collider (LHC) may really be a cover up. I'm worried that a black hole was actually created; and through some quantum fluctuation formed in Delaware rather than Switzerland, and has swallowed Joe Biden! I fear for Joe that, after being absorbed into the black hole, he landed in a parallel universe; a strange universe where Al Gore is president of the US, where 9-11 was only the beginning of a war on our soil, and where American women are now required to wear burqas! I now see that operations at the LHC have been suspended indefinitely or until at least spring. I'm certain that a visit to the CERN lab now would reveal the world's greatest physicists theorizing a method for returnng Joe.

I watched the Democratic National Convention and saw Mr. Biden nominated as candidate for the VP slot but I've heard little from him since. It appears the normally outspoken Joe Biden remains abnormally quiet. I would have expected the media overflowing with Biden rhetoric but there's little more than silence. I heard a rumour last week that we would see more involvement from the democratic vice-presidential candidate but that's it.

This election season stands as one of the most interesting in my lifetime since the Nixon vs. McGovern year. We have an old man who's more than paid his dues, two rock stars and an invisible man. Mr. Biden, we may not agree but we sure would like to hear your side. Joe, where are you?

No comments: